We are looking for an Account Manager to join our award winning PR & digital comms team. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 6 months’ AM experience.
This Account Manager role is for you if:
- You’ve had experience as an Account Manager (c. 6 months) and you’re looking to grow these skills and start taking even more responsibility for the day-to-day running of busy client accounts.
- You have worked in PR and communications (in-house or agency) and have experience working with tech PR clients.
- You have experience of the PR and marketing mix and can bring your digital skills to bear in your role as AM.
- You care. About the future of PR, about the difference you make to clients, about the impact you have on your team and about your opportunity to evolve our business.
- You have a talent for translating complex subjects – in both written and verbal form – to capture the attention of the media, your clients and colleagues.
- You have a thirst for news and an exceptional knowledge of the media and influencer landscape with views on how its evolution will impact businesses.
- You are willing and able to support junior members of the team in their learning and development by providing clear feedback and considered advice.
- You want to develop line management skills and responsibilities.
- You want to learn how to translate day-to-day management into strategic client counsel.
- You want to make your mark on a growing business and you’re excited to be part of the Missive growth story.
Missive is passionate about delivering genuine business outcomes for technology brands using strategic communications. We are proud to be able to say that our clients have won customers, VC funding, high-calibre executive talent, external accreditation and staff retention – all as a result of our work.
Our team of communications experts includes some of the brightest brains in the industry, with collective experience spanning every corner of corporate tech PR, digital marketing and corporate comms.
Each and every member of the team works with autonomy, armed with the ability to explore and experiment to drive results both for our clients and for Missive as a whole.
We are fortunate to have a truly fun and dynamic culture which means that, prior to the pandemic, our office was full despite our leading working from home policy.
The application process
If you like the sound of joining Missive, please send your CV and a short covering letter to [email protected].
We look forward to hearing from you!
The Account Manager role involves:
- Running 4-6 client account/s from beginning to end, taking responsibility for delivery of the monthly schedule of work (with support from an account director).
- Devising the monthly schedule of work in line with budget expectations; delegating monthly deliverables across the team.
- Acting as a problem solver and ‘first filter’ for day-to-day account activities.
- Selecting appropriate tactics relevant to clients’ business needs, drawing on knowledge of multiple PR and digital channels.
- Creating and drafting PR content to a high standard and flexing your writing to suit different channels and audiences.
- Having a solid influencer/media knowledge and demonstrating ability to extend it for new clients and briefs.
- Ensuring reporting for the client is regularly and consistently delivered in line with expectations.
- Being a strong role model and leading junior team members; Effectively communicating feedback on work to junior members of the team and assisting in their learning and development.
- Contributing to new business proposals and playing an active role in pitch meetings.
- Contributing to Missive’s growth story through creative content, networking and joining other initiatives across the team.
What you will get from Missive
Supercharged career development: You will be working in a high-quality agency that’s growing at pace, giving everyone opportunities to develop. You’ll have access to company-wide Missive Academy Hub, f2f courses, in house experts and an Executive Coach for personal and career coaching. We also offer tailored training days to help you develop the professional and personal skills you want. If you want to try something new, put your hand up and it’s yours!
A host of benefits: Including annual lifestyle allowance, a generous pension, an extra day off for your birthday and the annual company trip – the ‘Missive Massive’.
A great office environment: Missive is based in London Bridge in a modern new office complete with unlimited coffee, biscuits, beers, breakout spaces, private call booths and more.
Complete flexibility: Although we think you’ll love the office, you’ll also be given the kit and the freedom to work where, when and how you choose. We don’t measure our employees on the hours they do or where they do them. It’s what we achieve for our clients that’s important.
And a competitive salary: We offer competitive salaries and discretionary bonuses based on personal and company performance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.