Re-positioning Nuapay through media relations
- 140+ articles in Nuapay’s top target media, raising the profile of Nuapay’s brand with investors and customers
- 22 followed backlinks from articles, supporting Nuapay’s SEO and web traffic
- Increase of Nuapay’s share of voice against key competitors from 3% to 12% year on year
- Recurring revenue customers secured by Nuapay as a direct result of media coverage
Missive has supported open banking pioneers, Nuapay, through exponential growth. In 2020, we provided strategic comms on its path to acquisition.
Nuapay was a privately held fintech company seeking a substantial investment or acquisition to fuel growth and propel Open Banking payments into the international mainstream. As a result, our communications objective was to encourage investor interest by highlighting Nuapay as:
- A successful fintech firm built on its own, valuable industry-leading tech
- A leader in Open Banking: a high-growth, transformative fintech segment
Our challenge was to to raise brand value within a crowded, open banking marketplace. Our competitor and media analysis proved only a novel view or new data insights would cut through. We needed a strategy that was laser-focused on building maximum credibility: demonstrate Nuapay’s existing reputation and future potential.
To get Nuapay noticed by prospective trade and PE buyers, we ran consumer trends analysis on perceptions around open banking and digital payments versus traditional methods, post pandemic.
This gave us brand new market insights to package as The Open Banking World Series. This highly impactful content was the centre of our creative media programme. We gained prominence in fintech trade and national business news. The research fuelled an organic LinkedIn campaign raising online brand activity in preparation for sale.
Nuapay reported tangible business impact with its profile significantly increased to customers and investors alike. In 2021, Nuapay achieved its target and was acquired by EML Payments.
Nick Raper, Head of UK, Nuapay:
Missive has demonstrated time and again their ability to think outside the box to help us achieve our business aims and their work over the last year has directly contributed to us achieving our acquisition target. We are now ideally placed to make Open Banking payments a preferred payment method for people around the world, and Missive will be essential to us as we move ahead with that ambition.