Missive is the UK’s Small PR Consultancy of the Year, as awarded by the PRCA at the end of 2017. We exist with the sole aim of delivering a material impact – both to our clients and to the lives of our staff.
We experienced exponential growth in 2017, going from a team of five to 12. With a rapidly expanding client portfolio boasting globally renowned brands alongside some of the UK’s most exciting startups, we are now looking for a dynamic Account Manager to join our team.
Our team of communications experts includes some of the brightest brains in the industry, with collective experience spanning every corner of corporate tech PR (with a dash of policy and governance to boot).
Each and every member of the team works with autonomy, armed with the ability to explore and experiment to drive results both for our clients and for Missive as a whole. We are fortunate to have a truly fun and dynamic culture which means that most days will see the office full despite our flexible working policy.
Missive is passionate about delivering genuine business outcomes for technology brands using strategic communications. We are proud to be able to say that our clients have won customers, VC funding, high-calibre executive talent, external accreditation and staff retention – all as a result of our work.
This job is for you if:
– You’re an extraordinary Account Manager who is comfortable taking responsibility for busy client accounts, with a flair for problem solving.
– You take pride in delivering high quality work that has an impact on the performance of a business.
– You have worked in PR (in-house or agency) for at least three years.
– You’re fascinated by technology with a talent for translating complex subjects – in both written and verbal form – to capture the attention of the media, your clients and colleagues.
– You have a thirst for news and an exceptional knowledge of the media landscape with views on how its evolution will impact businesses.
– You are willing and able to support junior members of the team in their learning and development, by providing clear feedback and considered advice.
– You want to make your mark on a growing business and you’re excited to get involved behind the scenes.
– You care. About the future of PR, about the difference you make to clients, about the impact you have on your team and about your opportunity to evolve our business.
– You are educated to degree level or equivalent.
What you’ll be expected to do:
- Run 3-4 client account/s from beginning to end, taking ultimate responsibility for delivery of the monthly schedule of work (with support from a senior account manager or account director)
- Devise the monthly schedule of work in line with budget expectations and gain client approval
- Report on booked and billed revenue and service levels in monthly managers’ meeting and request necessary resourcing requirements for the upcoming month
- Lead the agenda for account team and client meetings; delegate activity from the schedule of work across the account team
- Action or assign all incoming correspondence from the client and maintain day to day contact
- Create and draft PR content to a high standard
- Have a solid influencer/media knowledge and demonstrate ability to extend it for new clients and briefs
- Select appropriate tactics relevant to clients’ business needs, drawing on knowledge of multiple PR channels
- Act as a problem solver and ‘first filter’ for day-to-day account activities
- Ensure reporting for the client is regularly and consistently delivered in line with expectations
- Effectively communicate feedback on work to junior members of the team and assist in their learning and development
- Contribute to new business proposals and play an active role in pitch meetings
- Contribute to one or more of Missive’s own business development projects
What you will get from Missive
Supercharged career development: You will be working in a high quality agency that’s growing at pace. You’ll have access to a company-wide Missive Academy courses, in house experts and an Executive Coach for personal and career coaching. On top of all of that we also offer tailored training days to help you develop the professional and personal skills you want. You won’t be stuck doing the same boring tasks day-in and day-out. If you want to try something new, put your hand up and it’s yours!
A host of benefits: Annual lifestyle allowance, weekly personal trainer in the office (optional!), a day off for your birthday (or an alternative day if you do want to come in and eat cake) and the annual company trip – the ‘Missive Massive’.
A great office environment: Missive is based in WeWork Moorgate – a young and lively co-working space. You will receive global WeWork membership, giving you access to any WeWork building in the world, unlimited coffee, biscuits, showers and bike storage, free breakfast on a Monday and an open invite to a huge range of networking and events. Once inside Missive’s own office you’ll also benefit from sporting sweepstakes, regular tea runs and (questionable) Spotify playlists.
Complete flexibility: Although we think you’ll love the office, you’ll also be given the kit and the freedom to work where, when and how you choose. We don’t measure our employees on the hours they do or where they do them. It’s what we achieve for our clients that’s meaningful.
And a competitive salary: We want everyone at Missive to enjoy coming to work and feel like they’re rewarded accordingly. We offer highly competitive salaries for the industry and an annual bonus based on personal and company performance.
If you like the sound of joining Missive, please send the following to [email protected]
- A recent copy of your CV
- A cover letter which includes a recent campaign you most admire and why you would be an outstanding addition to the Missive team
We look forward to hearing from you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.